Great Wall Forum  

Go Back   Great Wall Forum > The Great Wall of China Forum > New member introductions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up Welcome Nathan Gray

We're very pleased to announce our newest member, Nathan Gray. Nathan is the author of the book and DVD, First Pass Under Heaven. See this post for details and a link.

Nathan hiked the entire 4000 kilometer length of the Ming Dynasty Great Wall over 256 days from 2000 to 2002. This is a fantastic accomplishment that many people dream about but very few achieve. His book is extremely interesting and highly recommended. We are lucky to have him as a member of the Great Wall Forum and I thank him personally for his interest. I'm sure his valuable experiences will be greatly appreciated by those interested in exploring the Great Wall for themselves, even if they don't expect to cover the whole 4000 kilometer distance from Jiayuguan to Shanhaiguan!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 AM

Default Welcome!!!

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the forum! It is so cool that you are here. I am planning to read your book. I am looking forward to that. It's so great that you made that long trek on the Great Wall. You must be so proud of that!

Sophie
Old 02-21-2008, 01:06 AM

Default Welcome to the Great Wall Forum

Welcome to the Forum, Nathan. I am so happy you joined us. I read your book last year. It was amazing for me. I could not imagine how you tolerated the fatigue on your body and the bad weather. I admire your persistence so much. Three years ago, I hiked on the Great Wall for about 20 days. I would never forget how hard work that was. If not for my friend's encouragement, I knew I couldn't hike so many days. Compared with you, I am really ashamed of myself because I was once so proud.

Congratulations on your achievement.

Tags
thru-hiking