Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa

Has anybody had a problem getting one?

I just heard I have to have all my accommodation booked and a flight in and out. Which is not a problem, it would be if I booked all that and then they said no Visa. My consular office is a $600 flight away, and over the phone the receptionist there said that it all depends... Which is the least informative answer possible.

I am Canadian born and raised, only been to Canada and US.

Re: Tourist Visa

Not sure many of us are visa experts here. Normally if you meet their requirements you will get one. I recommend you ask on trip advisor or on the lonely planet thorntree forum for the latest info.
    If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
    Journeys, &c

Comment

Hi Pudge,

You shouldn't get any problem getting one if it's your first time in China and if you don't have a criminal record (those are questions you'll have to answer on the application form).

I'm Canadian and I live in Montreal. I've got my chinese visa about two weeks ago using the Chinese Visa Application Service Center in Montreal (www.visaforchina.org). They also have centers elsewhere in Canada so you might want to check with them to see if you can use their services depending where you live.

In my case, I had to provide a copy of my return flights (e-ticket) and a proof of my hotel reservation. A hotel reservation for the first couple of nights was sufficient. They didn't ask for my itinerary once in China either.

Hope it helps you !

Comment

Thanks Mika that clears stuff up.

I figure I will just book a solid block of accommodation in Beijing, then I can just cancel and book smaller places on the wall from there.

There is the same service offered in Vancouver, but the Consulate for Vancouver is literally blocks away. Do you think I should still go through the Visa company? I will have to mail my stuff in either way.

Comment

if the consulate is right nearby, why pay a visa company?
          If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
          Journeys, &c

Comment

Consulate is in Vancouver. I live in the Northern Yukon, but am flying out of Vancouver. I usually visit once and a while, but it's looking like a busy summer. I think I am stuck up here and will have to send it down. I may be able to get to Vancouver a week or so in advance, but I think I will send everything in just to be sure.

Thanks for all the info again, this site is amazing. I literally scour the whole net looking for info, when really it's all already on this site.

Comment

Hey,

You can always use services like this: https://www.travelvisapro.com/visa/china

They will make your life so much easier.

Cheers.
              China enthusiast

Comment

Working...
              X