Dongzhimen long distance bus station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dongzhimen long distance bus station

For a long time the Dongzhimen long distance bus station has been the main departure point for many GW locations around Beijing (Simatai, Jinshanling, Gubeikou).
    Two weeks ago I found it completely disappeared. It was totally torn down to debris, no bus was leaving there (well, a very small coach to Chengde stil runs there, but for they take hours to get it filled along the way to Chengde I can not recommend it.
    The bus station to take now is the Liuliqiao 六里侨 bus station. All major busses to Miyun run from here.

-chinoook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

DongZhiMen Long Distance Bus Station

Thank you very much, chinoook. It is a great information. How far away is Liuliqiao bus station from the (old) Dongzhimen bus station?

Comment

Originally posted by Lingyu View Post
      Thank you very much, chinoook. It is a great information. How far away is Liuliqiao bus station from the (old) Dongzhimen bus station?
      To far to walk ...

-chinoook

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Dongzhimen bus station

How inconvenient.

I hope they will be rebuilding the Dongzhimen bus station.
        Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by greatwallforum View Post
          How inconvenient.

I hope they will be rebuilding the Dongzhimen bus station.
          I don't think so. It seemed that they are expanding the Beijing bus station.

-chinoook

Comment

Re: Dongzhimen long distance bus station

this information is still relevant?

i cannot find anything else about that....

Comment

Does anyone have current information? What I can find online ranges from "directly next to exit B of Dongzhimen metro Station" to "Take exit H and walk N-E along Dongzhimen Outer Byway".

Where is this bloody bus terminal??

Cheers!

Comment

Dongzhimen bus station is located at 39
                Bryan

Comment

Thanks.

Although, depending on the google map type, this could now be the third position of th terminal
                  - satellite view: just east of Dongzhimen station
                  - map view: just west of it
                  (unfirtunately, google maps has an offset between these two map typtypes in China).
                  I just go with option 1 now as this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Cheers!

Comment

Exit B. At street level you will see a big mall called Guoson Mall. The bus stop is inside there. There's a McDonalds and ATMs inside too.
                    If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
                    Journeys, &c

Comment

Taken from visitors who were there last june:

Metro station Dongzhimen, exit B (north east), walk by Dongzhimen Outer Street, you will pass a big bus station at your left, go on till next street, there you turn left to go on north by Dongzhimen Outer Byway. If you follow straight on, you find Dongzhimen Long Distance Bus Station at your left.

Hope this is useful too...maybe these people missed the mall shortcut.

Comment

Originally posted by Teodorico View Post
                        Taken from visitors who were there last june:

Metro station Dongzhimen, exit B (north east), walk by Dongzhimen Outer Street, you will pass a big bus station at your left, go on till next street, there you turn left to go on north by Dongzhimen Outer Byway. If you follow straight on, you find Dongzhimen Long Distance Bus Station at your left.

Hope this is useful too...maybe these people missed the mall shortcut.
                        Hmmm, so it seems there are indeed two different Dongzhimen Bus Terminals and the 916 is leaving from both. Because last weekend (4.8.2012) I definitely wasn't at the location mentioned above but rather here (The link is only correct in Satellite view as Google Map view has an offest in China, see also the misplaced busstop symbols on that map).

Comment

You're both talking about the same place.

Look at the image you linked. The street running left-right is Dongzhimen Wai da jie. Exit B is at bottom left. The yellow dots show you the route into the bus station via the Guoson Mall. It's very easy.

There are 2 entrance points for the buses to go in and out of. One is on Dongwai, the other is at the NE corner.

The bus station is inside the entire building. It is all the same.
                          If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
                          Journeys, &c

Comment

Ah that makes sense. When people were talking about the "second" terminal on outer byway, I always thought they refer to the bunch of busses parked a couple hundred meters further up N-E ...

Thanks for clarification

Comment

Working...
                            X