Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riding a motorcycle in China as a foreigner

Originally posted by aliang View Post
    Agreed. And add this : Do not ride alone in remote path for there may be robbers. I get this rule from some motorbike travel fans.
    Agreed too!

Originally posted by aliang View Post
    Or maybe you can buy a fake licence. It only take you hundreds of yuan. For your status of a foreigner, the policemen won't check it clearly and embarrass you even find it is fake. I dare to say this.
    As Chinoook said before:"I am not interested in severe legal problems in China since I would like to return. ", i thought chinoook will not consider this option .

Comment

I have paste some information about motorcycle in China as foreigner in the website,http://www.v-66.com/motor-1.html

Comment

I've obtained a Chinese driving license in Yinning - A temporary motorcycle drivers license for riding motorcycles in China, runs for 30 days. Also requires third party insurance. You could then hire a Chinese registered vehicle or bike. For temporary importing your own foreign registered motorbike into China, we organise this through http://www.motoexplorers.co.uk - Motoexplorers also organise the necessary customs bonds and documents for import/export of motorbikes at each Chinese border.

Comment

riding a motorcycle in china would be fun... until someone pulls out right in front of you and kills you, then drives away quickly before you're done bleeding out...

Comment

The alternative for all these uncertainties would be to consider the hardy Mongolian horse? The Mongolian plain is fuel.....No international licence required....In fact, no road required.....

Comment

Just a lot of hay and the occasional apple...
              If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
              Journeys, &c

Comment

Working...
              X