Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's “Underground Great Wall”

Hello

I've just read an article about the ancient Chinese war passage.

"In ancient Chinese history, it is recorded that The Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127 AD) battled for 200 years with the Liao and Jin Dynasties, which at the time were ruled by minority races from China's Northern Territories, the Khitan and Jurchens respectively. The Northern China Plain was an endless flat ground, with no mountains or rivers that could be used to help defend against the northerners."

I have never heard about this before and I would like to know what do you think about this? I find it really cool and if you have anything interesting, feel free to post it here

Source : http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancie...at-wall-009814

We already hit this topic:

It is still of highest interest. Thanks for your post.

-chinoook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by Josip Bosnjak View Post
      Hello

I've just read an article about the ancient Chinese war passage.

"In ancient Chinese history, it is recorded that The Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127 AD) battled for 200 years with the Liao and Jin Dynasties, which at the time were ruled by minority races from China's Northern Territories, the Khitan and Jurchens respectively. The Northern China Plain was an endless flat ground, with no mountains or rivers that could be used to help defend against the northerners."

I have never heard about this before and I would like to know what do you think about this? I find it really cool and if you have anything interesting, feel free to post it here

Source : http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancie...at-wall-009814

Thank you very much!

Comment

I didn't mean to quote myself :P

Comment

Working...
        X