Hello from Australia!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Australia!

Greetings from down under! I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of Car assistance?

I own a 2012 4x4 V200. Last week i lent it to my sister and she ran it dry, completely out of diesel so it broke down. I'm worried there's air in the injectors and when i turn the key to ignition theres a steady beep noise from the engine bay. She tried to drive it and apparently when it was running it was idleing roughly, revving etc sounding like the fuel flow wasnt constant. I had it towed back to my house and put 20 litres in with a jerry can, i then hand pumped the fuel through from underneath the car til the hand pump felt full. I started it again and its running but the rough idle can still be heard so i switched the engine off after 10 seconds. When i switched the engine off there was a beep from engine bay and then 3 distinct individual air release sounds coming from the engine bay. Then a constant beep for a bit afterwards. I dont want to start the car again because im worried its damaged the injectors, i did see a video explaining that they might need to be bled by releasing the nuts but before i proceed any further i'd appreciate a more knowledgeable input. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Id rather not have to get it towed to a mechanic if possible.

Cheers!
    Anthony

You need to bleed the injectors and fuel system.

Since this is a forum on the Great Wall of China, this thread will be deleted soon.
    Bryan

Comment

Working...
    X