Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Wall Aerial Photos

Watch out if you're operating drones!

Multiple employees at a Chinese drone company have landed in hot water after flying an unmanned aircraft over a Beijing suburb, sparking an air force hunt for the unidentified aerial intruder, according to local media.
    Air defense radar detected the drone
    If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
    Journeys, &c

Comment

Friday was extremely smoggy which was a shame because I happened to fly right along the central section of Beijing wall from Longquanyu all the way to Mutianyu.

Main thing I learned, to my dismay, is there has been yet more poor restoration of that section. All the way from Xishuiyu west to Longquanyu was rebuilt earlier this year. The evidence is on GE.

These have been manipulated heavily so you can actually see the wall.

1. Longquanyu area:

This is what it looked like before they "restored" it.

2. Xishuiyu and the wall between there and Huanghuacheng. Must be just a matter of time til they rebuild that.

3. Huanghuacheng. Yes, it was hella smoggy. That airliner is flying right over the Huanghuacheng Ox-horn. The wall continues east (right) up Jiugongshan.

4. Moshikou - Beijing Knot. If you know what you're looking at you will identify Moshikou in center frame. The high point is the Little Beijing Knot and the droop-side spur runs down (to the center bottom of frame). Center right is the Beijing Knot, and top right is Jiuyanlou. The white blob top right is the recently vandalised, I mean, "restored", fort just west of 9 Eye.

5. Jiankou ridge and Mutianyu

Sorry it was so smoggy - as though I could do anything about that! Hopefully one day I'll have a clear day, a window, and a similar route!
      If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
      Journeys, &c

Comment

Does anyone here use drones for photography or interested in using a drone for Great Wall aerial footage? This is something that I have been interested in doing and it would be great if there are other interested parties that either already have experience with drone photography or are interested in this endeavor.

Comment

Working...
        X