Chinese Great Wall Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Great Wall Forum

Thanks to andarchen (better known as 老成 at the Chinese GW Forum) I was invited to a meeting with the guys in Beijing this week. andarchen has posted many of my photos on the Chinese forum so they where eager to meet the crazy laowai that seems to spend most of his time on the Great Wall.

At the last minute they asked to see my pictures from last weekends hike between Laolonglou and Sandaoguan (http://www.greatwallforum.com/forum/...andaoguan.html).

After being presented with some rare books (at least I've never seen them before). I showed them my pictures and they seemed very interested and asked a lot of question. No question that these guys represent a huge amount of knowledge about the Great Wall and a real pleasure to spend time with them.

I'm very impressed that these guys even have their own quarterly magazine.

re: Chinese Great Wall Forum

What is their attitude to GE?

-chinoook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

re: Chinese Great Wall Forum

Sound like a happy meet , i felt happy too after viewed your report and photos.
      This thread had been posted in chinese forum , link is:
      http://www.thegreatwall.com.cn/phpbb...4806&forumid=1

Comment

Re: Chinese Great Wall Forum

Meeing photos is released by webmaster of Chinese GW forum .

Mr.Niceguy gave tenth anniversary souvenirs of GW forum to Kim's couples, including the emblem, the waterproof bag,GW books ,and special quarterly edition with forum's stamp.

All paticipants was discussing Kim's recent hike on laoloutou.

[URL="http://www.thegreatwall.com.cn/photo/upload/2010/05/12739858432.jpg"]

Happy ending.

Last edited by andarchen; 05-16-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Nice photos

Comment

Panoramic view of meeting room

Comment

Originally posted by chinoook View Post
              What is their attitude to GE?

-chinoook
              We didn't discuss that much. Some clearly have knowledge about GE while some of them don't know what it is.

Comment

Was this primarily a meet and greet Kim? Looks like a fun and noteworthy event to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Thump View Post
                  Was this primarily a meet and greet Kim? Looks like a fun and noteworthy event to attend.
                  Yes, they invited me because they knew I was in Beijing and that was the reason for the meeting.

They hold regular meetings and I'm sure they would welcome and friends of the Great Wall.

Comment

Working...
                  X