• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Dynastie Walls as kmz file

Hello Guys,

i would like to share this site:

http://www.mine.mn/WPJ10_supplement_..._Earth_kmz.htm

By clicking the pictures it will load walls of different timeframes as kmz file into Google earth. Very usefull if you want separate the wall into dynasties.

Hope it

Re: Different Dynastie Walls as kmz file

Thanks for the link.
    The guys did a good job, the maps shown are much better than almost everything else I got into my hands before. To be honest, there is only one map even better, which is our own map.
    Though I could get several items from this maps which were even new to me. Thanks again.
    Nevertheless the maps contain some errors as well. Ditches considered to be walls, recent military work rather than old and sometimes even irrigation canals.

I think I should contact these guys, maybe they proceeded in their work and even covered walls of the lacking somewhat 20 wall building dynasties ...

-chinooook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Yes it's pretty interesting. Assuming they haven't done any field work it's fairly comprehensive for Beijing (the only area I know well).

Our map shows quite a bit more, but we've had the advantage of boots on the ground. It'd be interesting to know if they're still working on their maps.
      If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
      Journeys, &c

Comment

So far I didn't even had a look at the Ming wall ...

-chinoook
        chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
        chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
        chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Well, it's just bricks & mortar, so I'm not surprised...
          If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
          Journeys, &c

Comment

I too like to save the best for last
            Bryan

Comment

Working...
            X