You must comply with the license agreement to use the map. Basically, the agreement contains these rules:
- The map is only for personal, non-commercial use.
- You may not copy, redistribute, or modify the map.
- You are strongly urged to help protect and preserve the Great Wall.
The map contains the following features:
- 296 Great Wall paths totaling 613 kilometers (381 miles)
- 71 Great Wall location markers
- 1522 tower location markers
- 36 driving routes totaling 2992 kilometers (1859 miles)
- 102 hiking trails totaling 89 kilometers (55 miles)
- 10 cable cars, toboggans, slides
- 48 fortress locations and 42 fortress outlines
- Beijing city walls totaling 67 kilometers (41 miles)
- District, county, and municipality borders
- Other items of interest
Please note that this map only covers the Beijing Municipality area. The map includes an installer that works only with Microsoft Windows. It is not available for other operating systems.
The Beijing Great Wall map is a work in progress. This release is dated 1 January 2013. Please check back regularly for updates as we continually improve the map.
We use PayPal for payment processing. You can pay securely and conveniently with PayPal using your credit card or bank account. The ten dollar fee helps to offset the costs of hosting and maintaining this forum.
After successfully completing the PayPal transaction, you will be able to download the map. Important: Be sure to return directly to Great Wall Forum from PayPal so you can download and begin using the map immediately. Look for this button after you complete your payment:
After you complete the download and run the setup program, you will find the Beijing Great Wall.kmz file in your documents folder.
For those interested in a preview of what this map looks like, here's a screen shot of the map in the Jiankou and Mutianyu area.
Red lines: Great Wall
Blue lines: roads
Yellow lines: trails
Red pins: towers
Yellow pins: locations
Green lines: cable cars, toboggan