Detailed map of the Beijing area Great Wall of China version 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps: Detailed map of the Beijing area Great Wall of China version 5

The Great Wall Forum is pleased to announce the release of version 5 of our detailed map of the Great Wall of China in the Beijing area. This map is packaged as a kmz file for use with Google Earth.

The map is free, but you must comply with the license agreement to use it. Basically, the agreement contains these rules:
    • The map is only for personal, non-commercial use.
    • You may not copy, redistribute, or modify the map.
    • You are strongly urged to help protect and preserve the Great Wall.
    The map is a community project. Users are encouraged to contribute additions, corrections, and suggestions.

The map contains the following features:
    • Major Great Wall location markers
    • Detailed Great Wall paths
    • Driving routes from downtown Beijing
    • Hiking/walking trails
    • Cable cars
    Only forum members can download the map. Guests must register before downloading the attached map.

Please note that this map only covers the Beijing area. You should download the complete map from this forum if you are interested in other areas.

The Beijing Great Wall map is a work in progress. The current release is dated 2011/01/01. Please check back regularly for updates as we continually improve the map.

Important note: This thread has been replaced by http://www.greatwallforum.com/forum/...rsion-6-a.html.
    Bryan

Re: Detailed map of the Beijing area Great Wall of China version 5

Great stuff. Thanks Bryan and all others that contributed to this.

Comment

I too would like to say thanks for this map it is excellent.

Comment

A huge thanks to you!
        all I was hoping to achieve through strenuous research can be seen on your map in minutes: orientation of the names, startpoints and exits, possibilities to get there from beijing and back..

Comment

I download it , and I havegoogle earth ,How to install it ?Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bluetraveler View Post
            I download it , and I havegoogle earth ,How to install it ?Thanks!
            Just double-click on the .msi file you downloaded and it should install a .kmz file in your documents folder for you.
            Bryan

Comment

thank you very much ,I will try

Comment

Thanks! But it seems the file is in msi format, meaning a Microsoft Installer Package. I have a mac, so to my knowledge I can't open msi, but if you posted the kmz directly, I could open it in GE...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maxgerthel View Post
                  Thanks! But it seems the file is in msi format, meaning a Microsoft Installer Package. I have a mac, so to my knowledge I can't open msi, but if you posted the kmz directly, I could open it in GE...thanks
                  Sorry, we don't offer the kmz file because the map is copyrighted and protected by a license agreement that you must agree to during the setup program.
                  Bryan

Comment

Working...
                  X