Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GPS receiver testing

Hi,
    It's OK I found how to put the map + other parameters together. Dakoto 20 is really good !
    It's a shame that the main odometer is not more than 100 km.
    And it's a shame that we can't see the parameters (speed, time etc ...) of an old recorded route. I manage to see the distance only.
    St

Comment

Do you use a clip belt ? If yes, do you find it good for you ? (It's quiet boring to open my mesh pocket each time I want to see the screen of the Dakota)
      I'm very satisfied with the clip belt. But be aware that it's possible for the GPS to fall off the clip with the risk of loosing it.

Comment

I use the carabiner clip. I removed the carabiner and its strap and attached the bracket to the shoulder strap of my backpack. It works great.
        Bryan

Comment

Hello, Brian
          Many thanks for this interesting review. I am willing to buy a Dakota 20, would you tell me if beside its obvious hiking use is it usable in car ?,
          and are custom road/street maps feasible ?
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mirozen View Post
            Hello, Brian
            Many thanks for this interesting review. I am willing to buy a Dakota 20, would you tell me if beside its obvious hiking use is it usable in car ?,
            and are custom road/street maps feasible ?
            Mike
            I don't think the screen is bright enough to use in the car, even if the screen is set to the brightest setting. Of cause that depends on the background color of the map, but I still prefer my Garmin n

Comment

Hello everybody !
              I'm now hiking the colorado trail with the dakota 20 and I've got some problem with the trip computer ... it doesn't give me the right distance and the stop time is longer than the reality. I don't now why. In France, it worked properly. In US, it's like the trip computer stop recording the distance. I have the right distance at the end of the day when I record the final way but it's not the same with the trip computer. So, I have not the real average speed, stop time, etc ...
              Is it something with the change of country or bad parameters somewhere ?
              Many thanks !
              Stephane

Comment

[QUOTE=Kim;10568]I don't think the screen is bright enough to use in the car, even if the screen is set to the brightest setting. Of cause that depends on the background color of the map, but I still prefer my Garmin n
                Bryan

Comment

I had a look at several gps comparison tools and still cannot decide. For me it

Comment

Working...
                  X