Heaven Ladder of Huangya

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven Ladder of Huangya

Did anyone try to climb the Heaven Ladder of Huangya at Huangyaguan?

Unfortunately my wife was waiting for me, so I didn't have time to climb to the top. It seems to be a pretty steep climb, but I will surely come back another day to do the climb

Huangyaguan Heavenly Ladder

I've never been to Huangyaguan, but you can bet I would like to give it a shot!

The side wall looks new and I doubt that fence came from the Ming dynasty.

Did you happen to get any GPS coordinates for this location?
    Bryan

Comment

Huangyaguan

When you arrive at Huangyaguan (40

Comment

Huangyaguan

Info about Huangyaguan is now available at my blog - Great Wall Blog.

Comment

Re: Huangyaguan

If you climb the Heaven Ladder, which is definitely not original, but necessary to get up over a 60 m rock step, you will reach a platform, which may be original. From there there is a narrow path hairpinnig up to an unrestored tower and then another narrow path further up to the real, original, unrestored wall (read: heap of bricks).

I think one can follow this wall about 10 km westwards to the three-province-stone (a stone on the junction of Beijing and Tianjin municipalities and Hebei province). From the stone there is a good path down to a road, which again, after a few km's joins the main road.

I have tried the oposite, going from the stone and a km or so to the east. Fine and not too difficult. Nice family outing.

Map will follow.

Klamsteiner

Comment

Re: Huangyaguan

Originally posted by Klamsteiner View Post

I have tried the oposite, going from the stone and a km or so to the east. Fine and not too difficult. Nice family outing.

Map will follow.

Klamsteiner
            any maps? I am doing the Great Wall Marathon out here on the 21st and want to stay some place out here.

Comment

Working...
            X