Zhenghongbao Village

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos! Zhenghongbao Village

Some photos of Zhenghongbao Village and its Great Wall (正宏堡村) taken on April 22, 2016 and April 30, 2016.

Coordinates: 4021'51.0"N 11335'25.7"E

Towers of how many dynasties do you see there?

-chinoook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by chinoook View Post
      Towers of how many dynasties do you see there?
      Honestly, I cannot tell the difference. I assumed that it was all Ming Dynasty. Do you know?

Comment

Well, what do you mean by "know"? What I know that there runs the Great Wall of Ming dynasty. What I see are towers (and only hints for at least one additional wall) from at least 3 but probably from 4 dynasties.
        On your last photograph I see two towers of different construction/period.

-chinoook

PS: The Chinese Forums guys believe, all towers there are Ming. Never ever ...

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

This is very interesting. If the towers are believed to be all Ming,the construction of so many towers I have been told seems to be for extra defence on a flat terrain.
          But the differences in shapes and deterioration in the towers seem otherwise

Comment

In fact this section is very good to learn how to study old walls. It is easy to proof that all these towers are not of the same building period, it is easy to see that things seem to belong together which don't. You can also try to "read" (just by looking at it and considering) why everything there is as it is. I (in all the years) still don't have a consistent view but I am getting closer any time a look at it. Mainly on Google Earth but also in the field.
            For those who are interested I can explain what I understood so far.

-chinoook

Comment

I'm interested.

Is that the Valley of a Thousand Beacons?
              If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
              Journeys, &c

Comment

Yes, we went there together.
                It will take some time for me to prepare screenshots, please be patient. I also would like to discuss this rather inside the AUF.

-chinoook

Comment

I'm interested too.
                  Bryan

Comment

So many towers in one photo - amazing!

Comment

Working...
                    X