Helankouguan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos! Helankouguan

After a business meeting in Yinchuan I was taken to the rock carvings at Helanshan. Very beautiful and fascinating. But of cause also interesting to see a Ming dynasty stone tower in the entrance to the gully (38

Re: Helankouguan

Wow!
    That implies that there is much more to assume in the Helanshan range than we found yet.
    Do you know the complete meaning of the inscriptions, do you have a transcript/rubbing?

-chinoook
    chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
    chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
    chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by chinoook View Post
      Wow!
      That implies that there is much more to assume in the Helanshan range than we found yet.
      Do you know the complete meaning of the inscriptions, do you have a transcript/rubbing?

-chinoook
      Absolutely! This is impossible to see on Google Earth so there is really no substitute for going there and have a look in person. I'm sure much more of this kind can be found at many of the gullies where we have not been able to find anything so far.

I have 4288x2848 pix photos of them so if anyone would like to try to read the characters I can send a high quality photo.

Comment

I got a clear copy as picture below from chinese forum for the first inscriptions Kim posted , it was reproduced beside the original one for visiter easily to read.The second one had been posted in chinese forum before , it seem no one was interesting in that post , i thought it might be the quality of picture worse than Kim captured .

Welcome Kim send it to me for study .

Content of the first inscriptions:
        "Guerrilla general Panguozhen in charge of Ninxia's defence and guerrilla general Wenyingkui followed the instruction of chief of administrator Huangzhenxiao , reconstructed water gate of Helanshankou , and built a new watchtower on 1st day of May in the 37th year of King Wanli.
        Inscripted by construction supervisor Wangjianyu "

Last edited by andarchen; 03-13-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Welcome Kim send it to me for study .
          Here's the other inscription - I only converted it to JPG without any adjustments:

http://greatwall.se/upload/greatwall...helankou14.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
            Here's the other inscription - I only converted it to JPG without any adjustments:

http://greatwall.se/upload/greatwall...helankou14.jpg
            It is real tough work to recognize all charachters by me , i used Google /Baidu search with few characters i knew , no related answer come out , this means it is the first appear .
            I shall post it to chinese forum later , wish someone is interesting to read it out.

Comment

Originally posted by andarchen View Post
              It is real tough work to recognize all charachters by me , i used Google /Baidu search with few characters i knew , no related answer come out , this means it is the first appear .
              I shall post it to chinese forum later , wish someone is interesting to read it out.
              I do not really understand: Do you mean the characters are written first in this inscription? Or do you ean the text has never been published before?

-chinoook
              chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
              chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
              chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by chinoook View Post
                I do not really understand: Do you mean the characters are written first in this inscription? Or do you ean the text has never been published before?

-chinoook
                The text has never been published in internet before. I posted it in Chinese forum , hope people can read it
                here is the link:
                http://www.thegreatwall.com.cn/phpbb...1808&forumid=1

Comment

Two people in chinese forum recognized 80% characters, The webmaster is
                  one out of two. He woulk like to meet you when you next Beijing visit.
                  The words on stone was inscripted in year 1539(the 17th year under the reign of emperor Jiajing 嘉靖17年),it is just a site survey record, a couple of names and their title were written on .

Comment

Two people in chinese forum recognized 80% characters, The webmaster is
                    one out of two. He woulk like to meet you when you next Beijing visit.
                    The words on stone was inscripted in year 1539(the 17th year under the reign of emperor Jiajing 嘉靖17年),it is just a site survey record, a couple of names and their title were written on .
                    He would like to meet me? That would be an honour.

I will go to Beijing on Saturday to hike the Jinshanling GW with a colleague from Denmark, so I don't have time. After that my next time in Beijing will probably be in the middle of April.

Comment

He would like to meet me? That would be an honour.

I will go to Beijing on Saturday to hike the Jinshanling GW with a colleague from Denmark, so I don't have time. After that my next time in Beijing will probably be in the middle of April.
                      Please tell me when your time in Beijing is available, and have a nice trip in Jinshanling.
                      The guy in red coat is the webmaster of chinese GW forum , the speaker is Mr.Dong Yaohui, Vice Chairman of China Great Wall Society , the author of "GW bible" as well. They held a small meeting last month.

Comment

Please tell me when your time in Beijing is available, and have a nice trip in Jinshanling.
                        The guy in red coat is the webmaster of chinese GW forum , the speaker is Mr.Dong Yaohui, Vice Chairman of China Great Wall Society , the author of "GW bible" as well. They held a small meeting last month.
                        Thank, I will let you know when I go to Beijing next time.

Comment

If he still wants to meet, I'll be in Beijing from Wednesday evening this week until Wednesday afternoon next week.

Comment

If he still wants to meet, I'll be in Beijing from Wednesday evening this week until Wednesday afternoon next week.
                            i shall send message to the webmaster of chinese GW forum about your time in Beijing , keep in contact .

Comment

Working...
                            X