fresh photos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh photos

Sharing few photos from chinese forum,couple of people are visiting Ningxia on recent days, Sanguankou is one of their plan too .

Picture took at 38

Re: fresh photos

Photos of the Great Wall alongside the Helanshan wind farm always make me think. It's an interesting contrast of "old and new". I wonder why they decided to align the windmills to the Great Wall. And it's good to see that little if any damage was done to the Great Wall there. It's a very respectful installation.
    Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
      Photos of the Great Wall alongside the Helanshan wind farm always make me think. It's an interesting contrast of "old and new". I wonder why they decided to align the windmills to the Great Wall. And it's good to see that little if any damage was done to the Great Wall there. It's a very respectful installation.
      Don't overestimate that. The windfarm has destroyed parts of the Qin wall west of the photographed location.

What should be stated about the very good photos andarchen has shown here ist that the double structure very probably is Ming and Qin wall together.
      There are also Ming and Qin towers visible on the photos.

-chinoook
      chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
      chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
      chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Visiters added few text on picture after i inquired what they said about there were two ditchs being installed inner and outer GW ,and i just tranlated texts to keep their mark in chinese :
        ditch(壕堑),sands(沙边),rammed earth(土边),ditch coverd by sand(淹没的壕堑)

The inner ditch is invisible due to it wasn't wide as outer ditch , and most of them were coverd by sands after 500 years.

Inside of outer ditch

Comment

The inner ditch is inprobable. The outer is very probably Qin.

-chinooook
          chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
          chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
          chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by chinoook View Post
            The inner ditch is inprobable. The outer is very probably Qin.

-chinooook
            I had posted you and Bryan's comments in chinese forum this morning ,few people in chinese forum has knowlege on Qin GW i thought , let's expect comments come up on what your study.

Here is the chinese forum link on your commentshttp://www.thegreatwall.com.cn/phpbb...0607&forumid=1

Comment

Working...
            X