X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iwazaru
    started a topic Lengkou pictures

Lengkou pictures

Lengkou is in Qian'an, about 25 kilometers from the bus station. I paid a taxi driver 50 kuai, but I'm sure it could be haggled down to 40.

Way back, on the left side of the road, is also Lengkou Great Wall. A villager told me that part of the Wall was better than the one I walked on.

Gotta go down, cross a bridge and go up that mountain to continue on the Wall.

What was the purpose of these structures? I mean, they're not part of the Wall, right?

A look back where I came from; the Wall is like a semi-circle on that mountain.

• Bryan
    replied
    Re: Lengkou pictures

Originally posted by iwazaru View Post
    I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone. I take pictures with a Xiaomi Hongmi Note.
    Your phone does have a built-in GPS receiver, so just browse GPS apps for your phone, play with them, and find something you like.

Leave a comment:

• chinoook
    replied

Originally posted by iwazaru View Post
    I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone.
    If only you knew how much more understanding comes with the use of coordinates and Google Earth!

-chinoook

Leave a comment:

• iwazaru
    replied

Originally posted by bianfuxia View Post
    If you had coords we could have a look on GE.
    I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone. I take pictures with a Xiaomi Hongmi Note. Unfortunately, it seems like there are no GPS coords on any of my pictures. Sorry guys.

A garrison fort, hmmm yeah could be!

Leave a comment:

• bianfuxia
    replied

Great pics!

My guess is that thing is some kind of garrison fort similar to the one near Jiuyanlou in Beijing. If you had coords we could have a look on GE.

Leave a comment:

• iwazaru
    replied

Close-up of the other side.

Walking back.

As mentioned before, a villager told me this part of the Wall was better and more accessible. If I go back to Lengkou, I'd like to check this section out.

A big regret of mine was not finding the stone carving that andarchen posted about a few years ago. I'll definitely have to find this as well if I do go back.

Leave a comment:

• iwazaru
    replied

Looking back.

Oh man this part was such a bummer. I'm on the edge of the mountain at this point and there's no way to get to the other side unless you wanna take a long detour through bushes and thorns. So this was as far as I got, unfortunately.

A close-up.

Leave a comment:

• iwazaru
    replied

Oh what's this? Too large to be a beacon tower.

Walking on top of whatever this is - any idea what it was?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X