Lengkou pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos! Lengkou pictures

Lengkou is in Qian'an, about 25 kilometers from the bus station. I paid a taxi driver 50 kuai, but I'm sure it could be haggled down to 40.

Way back, on the left side of the road, is also Lengkou Great Wall. A villager told me that part of the Wall was better than the one I walked on.

Gotta go down, cross a bridge and go up that mountain to continue on the Wall.

What was the purpose of these structures? I mean, they're not part of the Wall, right?

A look back where I came from; the Wall is like a semi-circle on that mountain.

Re: Lengkou pictures

Oh what's this? Too large to be a beacon tower.

Walking on top of whatever this is - any idea what it was?

Comment

Looking back.

Oh man this part was such a bummer. I'm on the edge of the mountain at this point and there's no way to get to the other side unless you wanna take a long detour through bushes and thorns. So this was as far as I got, unfortunately.

A close-up.

Comment

Close-up of the other side.

Walking back.

As mentioned before, a villager told me this part of the Wall was better and more accessible. If I go back to Lengkou, I'd like to check this section out.

A big regret of mine was not finding the stone carving that andarchen posted about a few years ago. I'll definitely have to find this as well if I do go back.

Comment

Great pics!

My guess is that thing is some kind of garrison fort similar to the one near Jiuyanlou in Beijing. If you had coords we could have a look on GE.
          If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
          Journeys, &c

Comment

Originally posted by bianfuxia View Post
            If you had coords we could have a look on GE.
            I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone. I take pictures with a Xiaomi Hongmi Note. Unfortunately, it seems like there are no GPS coords on any of my pictures. Sorry guys.

A garrison fort, hmmm yeah could be!

Comment

Originally posted by iwazaru View Post
              I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone.
              If only you knew how much more understanding comes with the use of coordinates and Google Earth!

-chinoook
              chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
              chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
              chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Originally posted by iwazaru View Post
                I wish I knew how to look up the GPS coordinates on my phone. I take pictures with a Xiaomi Hongmi Note.
                Your phone does have a built-in GPS receiver, so just browse GPS apps for your phone, play with them, and find something you like.
                Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X