Dongjiakou pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos! Dongjiakou pictures

This is in Qianxi county, close to Qingshanguan. Took a taxi from the bus station for 80 kuai, but going back a taxi offered to take me for only 50 kuai - that's nearly 1 kuai per kilometer. Something to keep in mind when haggling.

This section is pretty short, only six guard towers. Beautiful views, though.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

Re: Dongjiakou pictures

After the fifth tower, there's not much left. The sixth tower is all but gone.

Comment

Comment

A map I saw on the road walking back to Shangying (上营) which has a bus going back to Qianxi for 10 kuai. You can see Qingshanguan, Dongjiakou and other possible locations for the Great Wall on it. For anyone considering taking the bus to Shangying and then walking to Dongjiakou, it's roughly an hour's walk.

What is this, part of the Great Wall or something built by the farmers? I've never seen something like this before.

This is from a mountain on the other side. Is it still Dongjiakou Great Wall? I'm not sure. If I have a chance I'd like to go back and check that part out.

Similar to what I saw before - again, is it part of the Wall or something else?

Comment

This is on the same mountain, just on the other side.

View from the first guard tower. You can see the other mountain's section I was talking about in my previous reply.

Just a nice view. Refreshing from all this heavy smog recently.

Comment

Thanks for sharing -- great photos of what looks like a very good place to visit.

Originally posted by iwazaru View Post
            What is this, part of the Great Wall or something built by the farmers? I've never seen something like this before.

Similar to what I saw before - again, is it part of the Wall or something else?
            They look the same age as the wall to me. I would like to know their purpose too.
            Bryan

Comment

Refer to this link?

http://www.greatwallforum.com/forum/...se-corral.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                Thanks for sharing -- great photos of what looks like a very good place to visit.

They look the same age as the wall to me. I would like to know their purpose too.
                My vote is for fort or garrison barracks. I don't think anyone would go to the effort to build something like that up there if they weren't part of the Ming Army...
                If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
                Journeys, &c

Comment

Working...
                X