Unknown wall at Jiumenkou

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown wall at Jiumenkou

Driving past Jiumenkou today I discovered a totally unknown wall (at least unknown to me). By the look of it, it might be early Ming dynasty, but I'll have to go back another day for a closer look.

The wall zig zags down the mountain.

Late Ming dynasty tower at the top and unknown wall at the bottom.

Unknown wall

The wall is located around here: 40
    Last edited by Kim; 07-12-2009, 02:46 PM.

Re: Unknown wall at Jiumenkou

If I had to make a guess I would say Northern Qi. The wall at Jiumenkou was first build during this period so this might be remains for that wall. I does not look like a Ming wall in my opinion.

Remains of a tower (40

Comment

I shall look them tomorrow , thanks again .

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
        If I had to make a guess I would say Northern Qi. The wall at Jiumenkou was first build during this period so this might be remains for that wall. I does not look like a Ming wall in my opinion.
        I'm so glad you went back to check this out. I agree that it does not look like a Ming wall. It does a lot look like the few Northern Qi Great Walls that I have seen. I think that's a very reasonable guess.

Great photos!
        Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
          I'm so glad you went back to check this out. I agree that it does not look like a Ming wall. It does a lot look like the few Northern Qi Great Walls that I have seen. I think that's a very reasonable guess.

Great photos!
          Just strange that this wall is not mentioned anywhere, at least not that I can find.

Comment

Working...
          X