Between Bailingguan and Dajiaoyu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos! Between Bailingguan and Dajiaoyu

Between Bailingguan and Dajiaoyu there is not much wall, but there are still some interesting towers.

Bailingguan is on the western (left) side, Dajiaoyu is on the eastern (right side). The marked towers are the Dawangjing tower and the "cliff tower" ▽

Coming closer to Dawangjing tower, which is the highest tower in northeastern Miyun ▽

Dawangjing tower seen from its northeast. As seen here, Dawangjing tower can only be accessed from its northern side ▽

Looking west from Dawangjing tower: The tower below is passed when going to Dawangjing tower ▽

The "cliff tower" ▽

View from the "cliff tower" to the southwest. Dawangjing tower and a stretch of wall can be seen ▽

Towers from Dajiaoyu can be seen in the east ▽

This picture is taken from the opposite side (Dajiaoyu looking west). In the background, the "cliff tower" and Dawangjing tower can be seen ▽
    Jan

Insane!
    If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
    Journeys, &c

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Bailingguan is on the western (left) side, Dajiaoyu is on the eastern (right side). The marked towers are the Dawangjing tower and the "cliff tower" ▽
      That is an awesome photo and I wonder where it was taken from.

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

The tower to the left of this photo is Wangjinglou, tower 16 of the Simatai ridge.

Bailingguan is just past the right side edge of this photo. This is not my photo, and I can't tell you much about it. I guess it was taken from Wulingshan.
      Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

That is an awesome photo and I wonder where it was taken from.
        The photo was taken from 4039'36.10"N 11722'32.44"E

Here an extended version which also includes parts of the "10 tower ridge" between Simatai and Bailingguan. Together with your photos, you should see the complete ridge between Simatai and Dajiaoyu.
        Jan

Comment

Working...
        X