Deaths on the Wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaths on the Wall

I know this is a strange and possibly taboo topic however I'm really trying to piece this together.

My boyfriend and I climbed JuYongGuan on May 11th around sunset. By the time we reached Tower 10 we were completely alone on the wall. At the very last tower before it starts to head back down into the valley (13), my boyfriend ran into the doorway to stand on the top and take my photo down below with the view in the background. As he ran into the doorway I saw a young blonde boy walk through and passed me, walking toward the bottom. He was about 10, I'd say, longer blonde hair to his ears, he wore an olive green shirt and shorts (not sure what color). He was all alone and he pased my boyfriend through the doorway from the tower seconds after he went in. Since it was about 7:30/8PM at this time I thought it was odd that he was there all alone. Another thing that struck me as strange was that he didn't even look at me as we passed each other. Anyone else that we saw descending the stairs made a comment to us or said hello, or at the very least looked at us and smiled. This boy just walked straight passed me without so much as aknowledging my presence.

I meant to mention it to my boyfriend when I reached the top but the breathtaking views of the valley and the setting sun distracted me and I soon forgot all about the boy. It wasn't until we boarded the bus for our trip back into town that it got brought up. My boyfriend was telling people, "The last person we saw was a man walking into the gift shop in Tower 10!" I replied, "No, we saw that little boy come out of Tower 13. He walked right passed you- you couldn't have missed him!" He is adament that he did not see anyone at all. All the while, he was taking photos that looked down along the entire stretch of the stairs and there is no boy- not even a creature in sight!

I'm trying to do some research into who this boy might've been and if I did, indeed, see someone who passed away along the Wall. Please don't think I'm nuts! I don't consider myself a paranormal person nor have I ever encountered a 'ghost' before! But I am absolutely certain that I did see someone!!

Re: Deaths on the Wall

That's really strange that you saw this boy but he was not in any photos.

A blonde kid would not have been Chinese, so any such death on the wall could not have been a very long time ago and should be documented. Juyongguan was restored in 1993-1997 so presumably it would be after that time. I have heard of many deaths on the Great Wall but none at Juyongguan. That doesn't mean there hasn't been one, however. And the Badaling expressway is a road where many have died.
    Bryan

Comment

Spooky. I had some visitors who camped in Zhengbeilou and swore blind they heard footsteps in the tower at night, despite being the only ones there.

But when I went to Juyongguan recently, I took a lot of photos. I don't exactly know which tower you are referring to, but I am pretty certain that with the winding and the steep descents, there would be areas in most photos taken from uphill looking down where a small kid could easily be hidden. Take a closer look at your shots.
      If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
      Journeys, &c

Comment

That reminds me of a TV show I saw called "Ghosts of the Great Wall". They said they were going to a remote and inaccessible section of the Great Wall. Turns out it was filmed at Jiankou. The rest of the show was no more impressive.
        Bryan

Comment

I guess if anywhere in the world was going to be haunted, it'd be the wall. Don't forget the ancient poem:

If you have a boy, don't raise him.
          If you have a girl, feed her dried meat.
          Don't you know?
          The Great Wall is propped up with skeletons.

But I don't like to think about it because I want to enjoy camping in towers, not like awake horrified at every snap of a twig.

Don't cross the streams!
          Journeys, &c

Comment

I've been trying to find any info but I can't seem to find anything about any deaths along that section of the wall.

Bryan, he was most defnitely not Chinese. He had modern clothing as well so I know he wouldn't have passed decades ago.

We've gone over and over our photos and haven't seen a single soul! After we passed Tower 10, where the gift shop was built into the tower, we didn't encounter any other living being. I'm not sure which direction we were going (my internal compass was all out of whack while we were there!) but I can tell you that we didn't pass over the water. If you were looking at the Cloud Platform we went to the left to ascend the Wall and came back down The other way. I'll try to figure out how to attach the photo with the best view that we took from the top of 13, the tower where I saw the boy. We came up the right side, starting from the red structure near the middle of the photo and went back down toward the left.

Comment

Hopefully that works!

Comment

Nice photo! That location is about 4017'18.4"N 1163'32.5"E.
                Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                  Nice photo! That location is about 4017'18.4"N 1163'32.5"E.
                  Thanks Bryan!

Comment

Great pic.

But you can see there how there is plenty of space between where you are and the bottom which you can't see.

I guess he could have been a ghost. But my money is on a boy.
                    Journeys, &c

Comment

Originally posted by bianfuxia View Post
                      Great pic.

But you can see there how there is plenty of space between where you are and the bottom which you can't see.

I guess he could have been a ghost. But my money is on a boy.
                      Yes, in this photo you can't see much. But we have other photos of the stairs themselves where you can see much more. He couldn't have gotten too far in the time between me seeing him and the photos being taken either unless he had wings! :p

Comment

Working...
                      X