No announcement yet.

Great walls in Chifeng & Hexigten area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great walls in Chifeng & Hexigten area?

Hi guys,

I am planning to visit Inner Mongolia in the coming weeks (late October / early November). I read elsewhere in the Chifeng (赤峰) and Hexigten Banner (克什克腾旗) areas there are remnants of great walls built during the Yan, Qi, Han, Ming and Jin periods.

Anyone has any idea to the specific locations?

Here are what I found from a cursory search :

http://baike.baidu.com/view/10604698.htm
    http://www.hexigtenglobalgeopark.net...asp?NewsID=451

Re: Great walls in Chifeng & Hexigten area?

I visited the Jin Wall Northwest of Hexigten in early October. I shall be posting photographs of this amazing Wall or should I shall Walls.

Comment

This statement is from one of the links above : "金长城克旗段全长180公里,东北起白间查干苏木东北部,西南至多伦诺尔湖,是目前金长城保存最为完好的 部分之一。"

That would put the Jin Wall somewhere between Xilingol and Hexigten, in a NE-SW direction towards the smaller lake to the west of Dalinur Lake

Comment

Originally posted by OSFlanker View Post
        That would put the Jin Wall somewhere between Xilingol and Hexigten, in a NE-SW direction towards the smaller lake to the west of Dalinur Lake
        Actually it's about twenty kilometers to the east of your line.
        Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by OSFlanker View Post
          Hi guys,

I am planning to visit Inner Mongolia in the coming weeks (late October / early November). I read elsewhere in the Chifeng (赤峰) and Hexigten Banner (克什克腾旗) areas there are remnants of great walls built during the Yan, Qi, Han, Ming and Jin periods.

Qi probably means Qin. Yes, there is Qin/Han wall in the surroundings of Chifeng, but these walls are difficult to find and there is not much left. Jin is already stated in this thread. Yan is even more difficult to find as Qin/Han, but it is somewhere there. Ming? No wall as far as I know.

-chinoook
          chinoook's 1st law: Structurally weak walls tend to have double structures.
          chinoook's 2nd law: Newer walls are built next older walls, not over them.
          chinoook's 3rd law: Similar problems lead to similar solutions.

The most dangerous worldview is the worldview of people, who have not viewed the world. (Alexander von Humboldt (1769-1859), German naturalist and explorer)

Comment

Working...
          X