Recomposing the history of Great Wall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomposing the history of Great Wall

I write it by ancient Chinese style. It's not sure English speaker member can read it.
    So, if you are interesting to translate a few lines, Please go ahead and post.
    I am looking for whatever comments to write it more and better.

长城新筑 --- By FreddyMusic

始皇二十三年,羌万余骑,抢掠临洮。
    年复秋,套虏二万余骑到,秦将士分布要冲,不能御。虏深入平凉临巩,直抵陇州,大掠而去,岁大 饥。
    二十六年,六国皆灭,秦并天下。上卿李斯谏秦王:

Originally posted by FreddyMusic View Post
    I write it by ancient Chinese style. It's not sure English speaker member can read it.
    So, if you are interesting to translate a few lines, Please go ahead and post.
    I am looking for whatever comments to write it more and better.
    I bet that Chinese of age under 50 can't read it either,no mention English speaker member .
    Although it is ok to me , but translating it in here seem to be no help for English speaker of learning Chinese .

Comment

It should be readable for any Chinese with qualified high school eduction background.
      Probably, It needs one or two remarks for clarification.

In my opinion, the reading problem is located on the style of writting.
      It's very tradtional style and losing by us. So it appears very far from us.
      I try to evoke the very home-sick memory of my readers.

The first record of building great wall are written on bamboo section,
      Put words on bamboo is not so easy. So it need to be concise.

Comment

Originally posted by FreddyMusic View Post
        It should be readable for any Chinese with qualified high school eduction background.
        Probably, It needs one or two remarks for clarification.

In my opinion, the reading problem is located on the style of writting.
        It's very tradtional style and losing by us. So it appears very far from us.
        I try to evoke the very home-sick memory of my readers.

The first record of building great wall are written on bamboo section,
        Put words on bamboo is not so easy. So it need to be concise.
        I like ancient style of writting too , it is short but meaningful. unfortunately, it is not popular any more since 70 years ago. To know ancient writing is definitely helpful for people are interesting in Chinese history .

Comment

Originally posted by andarchen View Post
          I like ancient style of writting too , it is short but meaningful. unfortunately, it is not popular any more since 70 years ago. To know ancient writing is definitely helpful for people are interesting in Chinese history .
          It's not that long ago, about 40 years ago. The old fashion telegram also need to be consice.

However, "The Cultural Revolution of China" reversed the total high and middle class down.

Comment

Working...
          X