2 night hike in early Sept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 night hike in early Sept

First, what a fantastic resource, thanks to everyone who contributes to making this forum.

I'm looking for somewhere where I can do a 2-3 night hike. I would prefer to stay in guesthouses each night. I'm coming from Dalian, so it really doesn't need to be a place close to Beijing, but it does need to be public transit accessible. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the information so hoping for some direction. I'm a fairly experienced alpine hiker, but I don't have any climbing experience.

I was thinking perhaps starting in Gubeikou and doing
    Day 1: Gubeikou Wohushan as a day hike
    Day 2-3 Gubeikou to Jinshanling

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Is it hard to find accommodation relatively adjacent to this section of the wall that will accept foreigners? Are there places in eastern Hebei that might fit my requirements?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Lansell View Post
    I was thinking perhaps starting in Gubeikou and doing
    Day 1: Gubeikou Wohushan as a day hike
    Day 2-3 Gubeikou to Jinshanling
    The Gubeikou area is fantastic and fits all your requirements.
    Gubeikou to Jinshanling can be done as a day hike. If you want to do it in two days, there are guest houses halfway (close to the military detour), so you could split the hike and do it in 2 days. Or do it as a day hike and if you have more time, you can have a look at other walls in this area (there is a loads of interesting places around GBK, so you easily can spend 3 days).

Is it hard to find accommodation relatively adjacent to this section of the wall that will accept foreigners?
    No problem to find accommodation. There are many guest houses in GBK directly that will accept foreigners.

I'm coming from Dalian, so it really doesn't need to be a place close to Beijing, but it does need to be public transit accessible.
    GBK is reachable by public transport (although I prefer taking a driver from Miyun station to GBK, because it saves much time).

I'm a fairly experienced alpine hiker, but I don't have any climbing experience.
    No climbing experience is required for GBK.

Alternatively to GBK, you can also spend 2-3 days in the Jiankou area. There are also guest houses available and it's good accessible. You can find many information about Jiankou here.
    Jan

Comment

Working...
    X