Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week hike in May-June

Hi everyone!
    I've just ordered my tickets to Beijing late May. The only purpose of my 11 day visit is hiking, and taking pictures of course, and I tought the Great Wall would be a nice start, since it's always elevated. I'm an seasoned hiker, so I'm up for a callange! I've tried to download the Great Wall map you guys have made, but I don't get it working properly (meaning at all). So if anyone have any great advice on where to head form Beijing that would be perfect! I don't speak Mandarin, or any other of the native languages of China. Thank you for making this fantastic forum!

It's not an issue to walk a distance without any remenants of the wall. I'm ok walking in deep jungle, and I plan to bing a small tent or a hammoc.

Comment

I'm interested in what kind of problems you had with the map. You need a Windows computer with Google Earth. If it won't install properly, you can try downloading it again.

You'll find many threads on hiking locations and you may also want to read Recommended locations.
      Bryan

Comment

Well... Turns out I read the instructions the most manly way possible. When I took a closer look I figured it out! Really good map!

Is there any thing I have to be conserned about when it comes to wildlife? Angry bears, infected mosquitoes, deamonized Colibris...?

Comment

LOL! No, just the normal stuff like scorpions and snakes.
          Bryan

Comment

Zombies. watch out for those.
            If you're tired of the Great Wall, you're tired of life.
            Journeys, &c

Comment

Originally posted by bianfuxia View Post
              Zombies. watch out for those.
              ****... I just sold my zombie kit... :/

Comment

Working...
              X