Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jiankou to Mutianyu Hike and Accommodations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiankou to Mutianyu Hike and Accommodations?

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Jiankou in August. I'm hoping to go from Jiankou spot and then move east towards Mutianyu before going down on the toboggans they have there. I think that this short enough to do in a day, but if it seems like a lot then please let me know.

While at the Great Wall I would very much like to see either a sunrise or a sunset while on the wall. Would it be possible to stay at a hotel nearby and then wake up at 4am to get to the wall before sunrise? I was also thinking about going to the wall one day to watch the sunset, staying in a nearby village, and then heading back up the next morning to actually do the hike to Mutianyu. In either case can someone make recommendations for a hotel that would be nearby. Even if you don't know a specific hotel are there suggestions about what area I should stay or a website I could look at to get more information?

Any advice is welcome.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Adam b View Post
    In either case can someone make recommendations for a hotel that would be nearby. Even if you don't know a specific hotel are there suggestions about what area I should stay or a website I could look at to get more information?
    You can find some information in the thread about Zhao's hostel at Xizhazi village (besides Zhao's hostel, there are also other accommodations available in Xizhazi village, also mentioned at the link). More information about Jiankou can be found here.
    Jan

Comment

Working...
    X